Thursday, January 3, 2008

On the Jericho Road in 2008

On the Jericho Road hit the blogosphere on January 2, 2007. I started the blog because I wanted to have an outlet for my thoughts and because I wanted to enter into conversation on matters that matter with folks whom I know and with folks whom I have never met.

It’s been fun. I have enjoyed hearing from people and I’ve enjoyed developing the discipline that regular writing requires.

I thought it important to post regularly so that I could build readership. I have tried to post a new article every day except Saturday and have been pretty consistent about that. The effort has been successful; while I don’t have the gaudy numbers of some bloggers, On the Jericho Road does average 1000 visitors per month.

I hope to maintain the daily writing discipline that the blog has engendered. However, I need to channel those writing energies in some other directions.

Therefore, in 2008 I plan to reduce my blogging output. But, in order that my readers will know when to visit in order to find new material, I want to announce my publication schedule.

So, here it is.

On Mondays, I will post my sermon from the preceding Sunday.

On Thursdays, I will post my “heavy” article for the week in which I will try to deal with substantial issues facing us.

On Saturdays, I will post my “light” article for the week, which will include my reflections on personal or funny or absurd matters.

I will post on other days when something comes up that I just can’t resist addressing.

I want to offer my sincere thanks to you who walk regularly with me On the Jericho Road. I hope you will continue to come by.

Blessings,

Mike Ruffin

No comments: