Illinois Gov. Rob Blagojevich has said that he considered appointing Oprah Winfrey to the Senate seat vacated by President Barack Obama.
And now--the top ten reasons that the governor should have done so:
10. She has some people who could help him with his hair.
9. She could publish his article "How to Govern Wisely and Well for Fun and Profit" in O magazine.
8. Nobody--but nobody--would be better at a filibuster.
7. She would look great on camera during President Obama's State of the Union address when the director wants a shot of someone looking mesmerized.
6. She could fund all those bailouts.
5. She might feature his autobiography on Oprah's Book Club.
4. C-Span could use a ratings boost.
3. You never know--sound government may be one of her favorite things.
2. She's slightly better known than the guy who got the job--you know, old what's his name.
1. Who needs lobbyists when you never know what Oprah is going to leave under your seat?.