I heard a Georgia Public Broadcasting story on August 12 about pecan growers wanting a national advertising campaign. They said they needed a slogan. So I'd like to offer the following suggestions.
Top Ten Slogans for a Pecan National Advertising Campaign
10. Pecans—neither a pea nor a can.
9. Pecans—their taste is piquant!
8. Pecans—the only nut with three pronunciations.
7. Pecans—because who ever heard of a peanut pie?
6. Pecans—it’s the other other white meat.
5. Pecans—because almonds come from California.
4. Pecans—squirrels eat ‘em; why don’t you?
3. Pecans—Donald Trump loves ‘em!
2. Pecans—they taste great, unless some of that stuff that separates the two pieces of meat inside the shell gets mixed in with them, which tastes real bitter and ruins the experience. So don’t do that. And don't blame us if you do.
1. Pecans—don't say "Pecan't." Say "Pecan!"