Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Off to D.C. for the CBF

On Wednesday morning I will be flying from Augusta to Washington, D.C. for the annual General Assembly of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. While I have developed an intense dislike of being away from home, I am nonetheless looking forward to attending the meeting.

I like some of the things we don't do at these assemblies.

I like that we don't adopt resolutions.

I like that we don't spend a lot of time doing business.

I like that we don't expend a lot of energy talking about what we're against.

I also like a lot of the things that we do at these assemblies.

We do celebrate Jesus.

We do affirm historic Baptist principles.

We do hear positive reports about missions and ministry.

We do affirm diversity.

We do worship with warmth and reverence.

We do spend time in very helpful workshops.

It will be a good meeting, I'm sure. I hope to post my reflections about the meeting on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights.

No comments: